Friday, July 9, 2010

Over a 2 Years Later (in the sponge-bob narrator voice)

Publish Post

Well a lot has happen and I have kept up with it on Facebook but clearly not on here. Here is a quick run down of the last year. I was ward camp director, then I was put in as 2nd Counselor in YW. Brad got sick in January, I found him unconscious in the front room. I had just gone to sleep when our dog came in and pushed me out of bed. I could hear Brad Moaning and couldn't figure out what was wrong. So I went in the living room and found him on the floor. At first I thought maybe he was using the new ab roller I had just bought at Walmart. But then I realized he was unresponsive. Of course I thought he had had another stroke. But luckily for us it was a seizure. They took a while for them to get them under control and it resulted in one more hospitalization. The hard part was that in October Brad had returned to work part time as a janitor. And between the seizures and the new medicines it left him unable to work. During that fiasco I was called as Stake Camp director (to add to my calling in YW, and a separate stake calling to help with the 24th of July Parade float). Girls Camp was a blast and really hard but it kept my mind off of the trouble brewing at home. Brad was able to attend Girls Camp with me and impacted a lot of the girls in a good way by his attitude about life. The Sunday before girls camp the bishop saw me in the Hallway and asked me to stay and meet with him. As I waked into his office he said "Should we do this before camp?" I didn't have a clue what he was talking about so I let him proceed. He called me as the YW President. Needless to say when I saw him up at camp I told him I was mad at him. :) I wasn't serious but it could have waited until after camp. Right now I am preparing for a Trek with the Stake youth. I am in trouble because I am not physically ready despite my efforts. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, a post! That is awesome about all of your callings you will be great with young womens. I have never served with them and think it is probably for the best... ;)

Jared and Amy said...

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a new post!! I'm so glad!! Keep them coming! You have no idea how much you inspire me and I can use all I can get!
Love you!

Amber said...

You will do a great job as YW president! I hope you will enjoy it! There is a purpose for everything that happens in our life...this will be good!