Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stupid People with Fake Police Badges

Ok I will tell this story here because I think my family will enjoy the update. Yesterday I decided that a month in an institution would be good for me and here is why..... A disgruntaled tenant at the storage facilty called me chubby, yes chubby was the worst that he could come up with. But let me start at the begining of this story, this tenant has not been very good at paying his bill on time and has been up for auction more than once. So a couple of months ago he called and tried to pay his storage with his mothers credit card (this guy is in his 50's so his mom my be in her 70's) So I wouldn't let him do it. So a few days later he came in all beligerent and flashed a police badge (I thought it was and Ogden police badge because that is where he lives) and said that "he could pay with whatever he wanted to because of that." Which of course set me off and I told him that just because he was a police officer doesn't mean that he could use his mother credit card. So of course he was on my short list. So much to my happiness I noticed he was moving out yesterday, YIPPEE. But as usuall he left his unit full of trash and furniture outside the door. Which imediately is a single that he has abandoned it, which just chaps my hide because I am always having to pick up stuff outside of units and throw it in the dumpster which is not easy (that is why people leave it behind because they don't want to deal with it). Luckily for me he was still on the facilty cleaning out his other unit. So I went over to let him know that he couldn't leave his stuff there, to which he said he was coming back for it after he made room for it on his trailor (I don't believe that for one second, why would you let out of the unit not in the unit if you were going back for it), but I didn't care as long as he took care of it. So I went back to my office and about five minutes later he and three other men show up in my office asking where his 1887 mirror went (it was this big gross dirty thing, I couldn't tell that is was a mirror). Of course I told him I didn't know and he proceded to accuse me of taking it (gross, and where could I have put the mostrosity in 5 minutes?). I explained to him that several people have gone by and one of them must have takin it, you can't leave something out side your unit and expect it to stay there. To which he replied that the girl before me was much nicer, as he walked out the door he made his cubby comment. I was fine and figured it was over, but then I heard Brad outside, he had just come back from a walk with Raggs. So of course Brad said don't you call my wife that, I am not sure what else was said but as I headed outside where they were I saw this jerkoff push Brad. Well then it was on, you don't push Brad. Actually I was pretty amazed that Raggs didn't bite the guy she was going nuts, but Brad was holding he back. So I jumped in between them and pushed the guy back and just started in on him. I went balistic, hense needed to be in the mental institution for a while. I told him to get his stuff and never come back and who knows what else. The yelling between the two of us lasted for at least five minutes. I don't remember all of it, but I remember him flashing his badge at least 3 times and saying I am a cop and a retired marine. I said so what does that have to do with any thing it doesn't matter. He also yelled something about having $240,000, to which I said so what you never paid you bill here ontime, what does that have to do with anything you can't just come in and push people. He seemed to have a little man complex ( I was looking him in his eyes) and I could tell he was frusted that I wasn't backing down. I am sure he flashed his badge many a times and declared he was a retired marine and that made most people back down. But if you know me that only fueled my fire more. You can't mess with Brad, and I can hold my own in an aurgument. By this the guy had walked to his other unit and Brad had apparently called the police. They asked if Brad wanted to press charges and I said no, in fact I didn't even think they needed to go back and see the guy, it was over and he was moving out. That was until theuy heard about him flashing a badge. That made them concrened and they thought it was inappropriate and they wanted to go and talk to him about that. So they headed back and talked with him, when they came back they informed that his badge was an honerary police badge from West Valley City. That he wasn't a cop and the badge was made to hang on your wall as decoration. That made me laugh just to think about him flashing it like it meant something and him yelling over and over "I am a retired Marine" . I am still not sure what that had to do with anything. So last night as I was laying in bed I was getting mad about the situation again. Part of me wished he would have hit me, so he could have been taken in, and the other part of me thought something has to be done about the fact that he is impersonating a police officer. So today I got and on the West Valley PD website and made a report. Internal affairs called me back. They were pretty upset by the situation, since it is obvious he is using that badge willy nilly. They will let me know what happens. The thought of this guy being in trouble and getting his badge taken away from him makes me smile :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!! I love it. I am sorry you felt a little insane for awhile. If you do check in to the looney bin, let me know, we can be roomates!! ;)

suz said...

oh, how i love people. so sorry you had to deal with that emma. he was the crazy one!